Monday, February 25, 2008

Mermaids...

I've been pretty bored recently..
Took my IELTS test, now no longer need to study for it..
Thus, there's nothing much to do..
.
.
.
My newest project....
Moulding and painting plaster figures..
.
.





These come in a set, bought them for about RM30, which includes plaster for moulding, paints, paintbrush, mould and instructions.
It was pretty easy to prepare the plaster for moulding, just mix the packet with water and pour it into the mould. Takes around 30-40 minutes for the moulds to completely dry and after that, you can start painting them.


Started painting the bodies first, as I wanted the colour to be the same.
.
.
.



I realised that my painting skills have deteriorated thru the years, mainly because i seldom paint nowadays. Haha..
Anyway, I had fun painting them, though it's kind of difficult at times when because the figures are small.
Here are my handiwork.. :)

Mermaid with black hair, and a musical instrument..I'm not sure what's that..lol


Another one, sitting on a shell..


Look, She has the same tail colour and...erm..shells colour as the one in Disney's The Little Mermaid..:)


Tada!! My end results...they look cute right??

-THE END-






3 comments:

music4jc said...

wow..those are really pretty mermaids..haha..can i have some of those too :P

Fiona said...

you paint one princess fiona for me can?? hahaha...such pretty mermaids!

Anonymous said...

neat~
i didnt know ur talented =P